Our organization is a prominent Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Phthalimide. Phthalimide is used as a reagent in the Gabriel synthesis of amines. Further, Phthalimide is also used in synthesis of dyes, medicines, pesticides, and other industrial applications. Clients can avail Phthalimide from us in the required amount in premium quality packaging.
- Molecular Formula : C8H5NO2
- Molecular Weight : 147.13 g/mol
- CAS NO. : 85-41-6
- Physical Appearance : A White to off-white crystalline powder
- Solubility : Freely soluble in 1N NaOH
- Melting Point : Between 230°C-235°C
- Assay : Purity by HPLC: NLT 99%
- Storage : Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Phthalimide is used in plastics, in chemical synthesis, and in research.
- A reagent used to transform allyl- and alkyl halides into protected primary amines.
- It is also used in pigments and for manufacturing other intermediates.
- It analogues have been extensively used in medicinal chemistry because of their wide range of applications such as anti-convulsant, analgesic, hypolipidimic ,anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activities.
- It can be used as raw material for Polymers and Rubber additives.